Crispy Soya Sticks should definitely make an appearance on your snack menu. We are confident that you will appreciate this novel snack. You can serve them as a snack at a get-together or just eat them whenever you like.
To create Soya bean sticks, follow this step-by-step recipe with photographs. Rather than buying it, you should attempt creating Scrumptious Soya Sticks Namkeen this time. You will undoubtedly enjoy it.
- Soya bean flour – 1 cup ( 100 gms )
- Chickpea flour – 1 cup ( 100 gms )
- Oil – 4 tbsp & for frying
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – ½ tsp (coarsely ground)
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Carom seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – Less than 1 tsp or to taste
- Baking Soda – ⅓ tsp
- Take 1 cup soya bean flour and 1 cup chickpea flour, add 1 tsp red chili powder,1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper,1/2 tsp turmeric powder,1/2 tsp carom seeds,1 tsp cumin seeds,1 tsp coriander powder, Less than 1 tsp salt, 1/3 tsp baking soda and oil. Mix well.
- Add water in small portions and make soft dough as that for a chapati. Cover and keep it for 15 to 20 minutes to set. 3/4 cup water is used to knead this quantity of dough.
- After 15 minutes, Grease hands with oil and smoothen the dough. Meanwhile, put oil to heat.
- To make soya sticks take a sev making machine, Put the star jali, used for making chakli. Fix machine.
- Grease hands with oil. Break a lump from the dough. Make a log, put as much dough as it fits in the machine.
- Grease thali with ghee. Press and make straight sticks. Cut these into 2 to 3 inch pieces. Check if oil is rightly hot then put these to fry.
- Stir and fry well until golden brown, fry on medium flame. Fry all soya sticks likewise. Once ready take them out. Hold the ladder on edge of the wok. So that extra oil drains back to the wok. Keep on the plate. It takes 4 to 5 minutes to fry soya sticks at once. When cool, keep in any air tight container, and relish it for 2 to 3 months.
Serve Soya Sticks as a delicious tea-time snack anytime.
If you do not have time to prepare these soya sticks or any other snacks, Don’t Worry, we have the best online platform to order your favorite snacks with low prices and fast delivery in ebounti groceries. Stay at Home and Enjoy!